Tuesday, June 12, 2012

hello, new blog + rainy beach day

Listening to: Share the Moon - Indigo Girls


All I've been wanting to do lately is take pictures - every single day I crave it without fail. I finally decided that this summer I'll do just that: take pictures as often as I can. But because they will probably not all be Flickr/Tumblr/Facebook worthy, I decided to make a blog specifically for sharing them.
Keep in mind I am in no way a photographer. I have a Canon EOS Rebel XS, a 35mm Holga, and a Sun600 Polaroid, and just yesterday I picked up an Olympus Trip 35. Hopefully this summer I'll get even better at understanding how they work and how to use them.

Today it was raining and everyone was busy, but because I had nothing to do I decided to take my Canon and a tripod to the beach. The focus in the majority of them is on the sand and not me due to the fact that between the rain messing up the focus and the difficulty in finding the camera a dry place, I wasn't really able to toy with it too much. On the bright side, it gives me a sort of blurry, ghostly, faraway look, which is what I wanted. I really like how they came out.
Pulled over at the lake on my way to the beach -  think I'm obsessed with the swans there.

 No one on the boardwalk but me









Playing around with the colors on these was really interesting; fairly happy with most of them.







Close up pictures like these are really hard for me, but are something that I'm really starting to work on. I need to get used to how my face is, if that makes sense.


- Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment